General and Family Dentistry includes all the dental services provided to an entire family comprising of all generations. A family dentist will take care of all the oral health problems of every family member at every stage of their life. They offer the best possible care at affordable prices, and more ever, you have the advantage of consulting the same dentist for your entire life. An entire record of your medical history is maintained.
What are the services provided by a General Dentist?
The general or family dentists provide services from preventive, restorative, cosmetic, and overall health concerns.
- Preventive Services: These services include a detailed examination and professional cleanings of your teeth. These help you to maintain good oral health before any serious diseases occur in your mouth. Your dentists will advise you on how to maintain oral hygiene at home.
- Restorative Services:The most common dental restorations involve removing tooth decay and filling it with a medicated material. General dentists diagnose and treat tooth pain and gum diseases. They try to give you instant relief from toothaches and other minor problems. They also carry out procedures for missing teeth, placing crowns or bridges and dentures, and sometimes even advanced treatments such as root canals, orthodontics, and dental implants. One can be assured of timely and appropriate treatment.
- Cosmetic Services:These include services that will enhance your facial appearance. Most general dentists conduct teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding, and veneer procedures.
- Overall Health Services:Good oral health will be a reflection of your general health. Some dental issues can cause problems in other regions of the body. Oral infections can lead to cardiovascular diseases and other complications. A potentially deadly condition such as sleep apnea could be treated with the help of oral appliances. General dentists will identify other health issues and refer you for the appropriate treatment.
What are the benefits of General and Family Dentistry?
- General Dentistry helps you in keeping track of your family’s health. The family will maintain a record of all your family members’ dental treatment. They also will identify any genetic dental problems and help in preventing them from causing future problems.
- It would be very convenient and comfortable to consult the same doctor for the whole family, thus saving your time, effort, and money.
- Your family dentist can give a thorough check-up for the entire family with proactive treatment and ensure timely treatment for any underlying problems.
- One can set an example for your children by showing the importance of good dental hygiene. The children will learn the value of regular dental visits and inculcate good oral habits throughout their life which will go a long way in preventing dental problems.
- With their vast experience, the family dentists can offer you all-around dental care. All your issues will be resolved under one roof. In case of specialized treatments, they can refer you to the best doctors.
Call us at West Valley Natural Dentistry or schedule an online appointment to know more about General & Family Dentistry.