Dental Technology includes applying the latest scientific knowledge for practical purposes and has always been a main factor of dentistry. With the advent of technology, there has been a vast development in how to smile complications, and routine procedures are treated.
Dental technologists are the people involved in constructing customized restorative and dental appliances such as crowns, bridges, dentures, implants, etc. These tailor-made devices will help improve the look, function, and health of your mouth. Their work in the dental labs is solely responsible for us getting our restorative treatment. After taking the patient's dental requirements, the dentist sends them to a lab where the dental technologists have the appliances assembled and fabricated. They keep the appliances ready to be fitted for a patient.
What are the latest developments in Dental Technology?
Dentistry is a constantly evolving field with scientific advancements to meet the patient's needs and comfort. The latest developments in dental technology have made dental care a more stress-free experience.
- Digital X-Rays: Digital x-rays have become much safer and contain 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays. Dentists have started using digital x-rays due to their clear and crisp images. As soon as the patient's x-ray is taken, the images appear on the computer instantly. These images are examined by the doctor and help educate the patient's needs.
- Velscope Technology:This technology uses a special blue light to detect changes and lesions in the mouth that would otherwise go undetected. It effectively helps detect the early stages of cancer or diseases during oral cancer screenings.
- Cerec Crowns:A Cerec is a crown, which is made from strong ceramic and is designed, created, and fitted using computer-assisted technology. The entire treatment is completed in one day, be it for a decayed or broken tooth.
- Invisalign:They are invisible braces that help straighten the misaligned teeth. They are far more convenient to wear than traditional metal braces, which cause great discomfort while wearing. The Invisalign braces give you comfort and the luxury of eating all kinds of food without any restrictions. The braces are easy to clean and maintain as they are removable. It helps you to get a beautiful smile with less pain and discomfort.
- Laser Dentistry: Lasers have greatly reduced the discomfort in several dental procedures. Laser technology has made dental treatments fast, painless, and more effective in eliminating any form of bacteria during the procedures.
- Dental Implants:They are tooth replacements that make up for the loss of missing teeth. The implants consist of a ceramic crown and a titanium root that are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath your gums. They look very similar to natural teeth in appearance.
- Heal Ozone: It is a great instrument that helps to detect and get rid of tooth decay. It contains ozone (O3), a natural gas that effectively kills bacteria in a simple and painless manner.
- Nitrous Oxide: It is also known as the laughing gas and is absolutely safe and effective in reducing a patient's anxiety while undergoing minor surgical procedures.
- Zoom Whitening: It is a bleaching process that whitens the teeth, making them eight shades whiter than the original shade of the teeth. . It is a very safe, fast, and effective procedure to get a bright and flawless smile.
Call us at West Valley Natural Dentistry or schedule an online appointment to know more about Dental Technology.